If you cannot secure your bike, please call 202-999-3924 right away!
There are 2 primary reasons for why the lockbox won't close:
1. Sometimes the key inside the lockbox can jam the lockbox lid, preventing it from closing.
- Make sure the key is placed into the slot above the keyreel, and then firmly press down on the lid to close it.
2. When a lockbox lid is left open for a long time, the locking mechanism will extend and you will not be able to close the lid.
- Enter your code into the lockbox, just as you would if opening the box for the first time.
- Allow the mechanism to open, wait 5-10 seconds, and then firmly press the lid closed.
- Pull up on the lid to make sure it’s locked shut.