Go to a Zagster station at your bike share and pick out the Zagster bike you'd like to ride. Find its "Bike Number" printed on sticker located on the lockbox and top tube of the bike.
- BORROW: Get out your phone and open the Zagster app. Login and then enter the bike number in the "RIDE" screen. Tap the "START RIDE" button to start your ride. The app will show you the "CODE" number for the bike you've borrowed.
- UNLOCK: Enter the code into the bike's lockbox, which is the box with a keypad on the rack of the bike. Press "ENT", then enter the code, then press "ENT" again. Make sure to press each button slowly and firmly.
- The box will flash the "MESSAGE" and "READY" lights once you've entered your code correctly. Pull the lockbox lid up and pull out the key inside. Use the key to operate the U-lock that attaches the bike to its station. Close the lockbox before you ride.
- RIDE: Have fun and stay safe! Use the U-lock to keep the bike secure if you make stops along the way. You must always lock the bike to a fixed object if you leave the bike during you ride. The lockbox lid must be always be closed unless you are using the key inside. Your lockbox code will continue to work throughout your ride.
- RETURN: When you're done, lock the bike back to a Zagster station at your bike share and close the lockbox. Then go to the app and tap "END RIDE".
For a quick tutorial:
For additional support please call our 24/7 help line: 202-999-3924.